There are many things that teachers don’t miss during their summer vacation. As a K-2 teacher, days can often be filled with unexpected and unpleasant events. Stepping away from all those tiny annoying things that can drive you crazy is very necessary. That’s why teachers NEED summer vacation!
Top 10 Things Teachers Don’t Miss During Summer Vacation
10. Loading reams of paper into the copy machine.
9. Students raising their hands to ask, “What do I do?”
8. Writing with a red pen or flair marker
7. Trying to clear a paper jam in the copy machine
6. Hearing the long whistle signaling the end of recess.
5. Trying to wait until my planning time to use the bathroom.
4. Waiting in line to use the copy machine.
3. Being interrupted mid sentence by an announcement from the office.
2. Watching the spinning wheel on my computer as it tries to load but we all know it’s gonna crash.
1. Hearing a “code brown” announcement for the custodian to go to the kindergarten bathrooms for a messy clean up.
I won’t miss any of those.
I will miss the students, my fellow teachers, and those “light bulb” moments of learning. But I can wait until summer is over. Those are the reasons I became a teacher.
I hope that you have enjoyed your vacation away from school. Have a great year!
Be ready for Back to School
Find what you have wished for
in my Teachers pay Teachers store, Wendy Wished.